As an approved training provider, RT McEwan Ltd. offers high quality Driver CPC/Periodic Training for your company. To meet new EU legislation, all new and existing drivers will have to undertake 35 hours of training every five years to ensure that their Driver CPC is current. This is known as Periodic Training. Periodic Training has been designed to increase, expand and confirm the knowledge and skills drivers need to conduct their duties, not only today, but also to meet the ever changing regulations. All Periodic Training Courses are approved by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT).
Benefits of Gaining Your CPC Drivers Course with RT McEwan Ltd;
- Flexibility – Weekend and out of hours courses offered, both in our purpose-built, DSA-approved training facilities near Arbroath, or at the convenience of your own company premises.
- Value for money – With courses starting at only £65 for 7hrs training sessions, with multiple delegate discounts available.
- Industry-specific experience - Being an operating haulage company since 1974, we can provide you with relevant training that is highly tailored to the transport industry.
- Course content variety - We offer an interactive, varied course which covers a range of subjects, designed to keep you interested throughout.
Driver CPC Course Contents;
- Introduction & Welcome
- Aims and Objectives
- Basic principles of Health & Safety & how to comply
- Common hazards in transport
- Deliveries to new sites
- Slip, trips & falls
- Traffic movements
- Overhead power lines
- Manual handling
- High risk activities
- Danger of compressed air
- Safety when opening doors/curtains
- Medication & how it can affect driving
- The control of substance hazardous
- Sleep apnoea
- Vulnerable road users
- Driver licenses
- What is changing
- Digital tachographs
- Course evalulation
- Q&A and finish
Course cost including DSA upload, all hand-outs, refreshments and certificate of attendance.
Click here to download a copy of the Drivers CPC Initial Qualification leaflet (600Kb PDF)
For a further information, please see our contacts page here